Networking activities are carried out with the aim of creating new connections with other LIFE projects dealing with environmental legislation, environmental liability in protected plant and animal species and their habitats. We are also in contact with LIFE projects working in other areas, to exchange experiences, gain new contacts for further actions and to spread the information and results of the EcoLex Life project. Throughout the project implementation, we are networking with various organizations that work in the area of environmental liability and have an active impact on reducing the risk of environmental damage.
networking with LIFE projects
- LIFE Natura Themis
- LIFE-ENPE – European Network of Prosecutors for the Environment
- LIFE Lynx
- PannonEagle Life
- E-waste governance
- LIFE DINALP MEDVED
- LIFE MATHER
- LIFE FUTURE
- LIFE-IP 4 NATURA
- Other projects
In Athens, we met with representatives of the LIFE Natura Themis project (LIFE14/GIE/GR/000026). The project is committed to increase the number of environmental damage claims. They have developed an application for anonymous notification of damage, which is forwarded to the relevant authorities. The application currently only works on Crete, but you can read more about it on bit.ly/Prijava-skode.
Among the key objectives of LIFE NATURA THEMIS project are:
– Awareness on the part of authorities that environmental crime is a separate criminal law field and there is individual responsibility for preventing and remedying environmental damage.
– The skills cultivation of interrogative clerks in preventing and effectively prosecuting environmental crime and taking on the best possible compensation for damage to the environment.
– The documentation that the correct application of environmental law promotes local development and social cohesion and ensures the sound use of environmental resources.
– The NATURA 2000 sites inhabitants information about illegal activity in their areas, affecting local development, social cohesion and economic progress.
The realization of these objectives is based on the primary material first time gathered in cooperation with the competent authorities, by the two observatories of Environmental Crime. The material is publicly available, on the official website of the project. The environmental crime map and the interrogation authorities’ guides are intended to facilitate the planning and the conducting of criminal prosecution.